Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Polk City, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
Polk City Power Outages Caused by Weather
Share holiday meals with relatives, friends, and neighbors, but don’t invite foodborne illnesses to the table. That’s why your West Central Florida County Health Departments serving Citrus, Hardee, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk and Sarasota counties want to ensure your holiday feast is one to remember for all the right reasons.
Officials say that wind and related damage could trigger power outages during this latest storm, although it may not be widespread.
Make Healthy, Safe Choices To Have A Spooktacular Halloween | Florida Department of Health in Hillsborough
The Florida Departments of Health in West Central Florida are reminding residents and visitors to make safe and healthy choices this Halloween.
Hurricane Ian’s invisible toll: At least 41 cases of carbon monoxide poisoning confirmed Newspaper icon Email Plus Outline icon My Account icon
In just two weeks, the incidents have accounted for nearly a quarter of Florida’s carbon monoxide cases this year.
Abbott Issues Recall of Certain Ready-to-Eat Formulas (RTF) | Florida Department of Health in Hillsborough
Abbott Issues Recall of Certain Ready-to-Eat Formulas (RTF)
A woman is facing several charges, including DUI manslaughter, after she reportedly crashed a truck, killing a toddler and injuring a 5-year-old boy early Wednesday, according to the Polk County Sheriff's Office.
While crews worked on getting portable generators for the failed pump stations, thousands of gallons of wastewater was leaked into local bodies of water.
The solar-powered beacons flash red when in effect, and drivers should treat intersections like a four-way stop.
Information we receive about power and utility restoration, food and other important recovery efforts will be posted here.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Polk City, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Polk City, Florida