Did you lose power?
Pompano Beach Power Outages Caused by Weather
Palm Beach County lifts evacuation order and schools are back open. Here's what else to know after Tropical Storm Nicole | WLRN
Shortly after Hurricane Nicole made landfall south of Vero Beach, it was downgraded to a tropical storm. Here's some of what's open and closed across Palm Beach County.
Hurricane Nicole forms; Florida awaits rare November storm – WSVN 7News | Miami News, Weather, Sports | Fort Lauderdale
Deputies responded to a two-vehicle crash involving a Broward Sheriff’s Office deputy in Pompano Beach.
Tony Sheffield, 59, is accused of carjacking and kidnapping a woman in Deerfield Beach, according to the Broward County Sheriff's Office
The island's electrical system experienced a complete collapse in the wake of the deadly storm.
Cubans in Florida worry about relatives after Hurricane Ian causes flooding, destruction, nationwide power outage facebook twitter instagram rss
Hurricane Ian made landfall early Tuesday morning in Cuba’s tobacco-rich Pinar del Rio province, in the coastal village of Coloma — with winds of up to 125 mph and up to 14 feet of storm surge.
Detectives with the Broward Sheriff’s Office Missing Persons Unit are asking for the public’s help to locate a jet skier who may have been attempting to reach Bimini.
Broward Sheriff's Office seeking man who tried to rob a 13-year-old in Pompano Beach restaurant
Deputies arrest 2 teens accused of carjacking, sexually battering and robbing woman facebook twitter instagram rss
Two teenagers were arrested after being accused of an armed carjacking that took place in Broward County.
Broward Sherriff’s Office deputies are investigating a shooting that occurred Tuesday morning, injuring a man and leaving another victim dead.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Pompano Beach, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Pompano Beach, Florida
|Zip Codes||33060, 33061, 33062, 33063, 33064, 33065, 33066, 33067, 33068, 33069|