Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Ponce De Leon, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
Here's how rainfall, winds from Nicole affected Brevard flooding, damage
The storm had the potential to bring 6 to 8 inches of rain to the Space Coast. But rainfall totals actually were in the 2.3-inch to 4.9-inch range.
Hurricane Ian Live Updates: DeSantis to give damage update
Hurricane Ian updates: Gov. Ron DeSantis will give an update on the efforts made in the wake of Hurricane Ian’s devastation in Florida from the state Emergency Operations Center in Tallahassee on Friday morning.
Utilities Gear Up for Ian Power Outages | Daily Business Review
Florida’s two largest electric utilities have some 22000 workers ready to address anticipated power outages as massive Hurricane Ian takes aim…
Old Spanish Sugar Mill to close next month at De Leon Springs
The Old Spanish Sugar Mill at De Leon Springs State Park will close after 61 years in business. A new restaurant is expected to open in its place.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Ponce De Leon, Florida
CHELCO area offices will be closed Monday, January 16 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Call (800) 342-0… https://t.co/aIfxdZJLDR
Scammers call offering to restore power quickly for immediate payment or an upfront “reconnection fee,” often in th… https://t.co/YQiWs6qe0T
Hold the shovel! Before you plant a new tree, make sure you’re not planting near overhead power lines. Do not plant… https://t.co/OkNy88Lu4S
Don’t let their adorable appearances fool you! Did you know these rowdy rodents are responsible for almost half of… https://t.co/HoeY4th3da
Keep your food safe before a power outage impacts you. Keeping your fridge set at 40 degrees or below will help! https://t.co/mZidkIXGPq
Protect yourself during a power outage: If it's safe to do so, go to an alternate location for heat or cooling.… https://t.co/hRYx6NHut5
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Florida cities.
Ponce De Leon, Florida
|City||Ponce De Leon|