Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Port Charlotte, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
Port Charlotte Power Outages Caused by Weather
Diabetes Awareness Day is an annual reminder that 88-million Americans have prediabetes.
Protect Yourself Against Influenza This Season
In Volusia County, Florida, at least 49 beachfront properties, including hotels and condos, have been deemed "unsafe" in the aftermath of Nicole.
Live updates tracking effects of Hurricane Nicole in the Sarasota and Manatee area.
Health Officials Issue Blue-Green Algae Bloom Alert for Moody Lake | Florida Department of Health in Pasco
Pasco County, FL - The Florida Department of Health in Pasco County has issued a Health Alert for the presence of harmful blue-green algal toxins in Moody Lake. This is in response to a water sample taken on November 2, 2022. The public should exercise caution in and around Moody Lake.
After Ian, Florida waterways could remain polluted for months - The Washington Post The Washington Post Comment on this story ArrowRight GiftOutline Loading... Refresh
Many of the Florida’s toughest post-hurricane challenges are linked to failed sewage systems, which unload harmful bacteria and viruses.
Hurricane Ian tore through Southwest Florida, leaving thousands still without internet.
Channel 9 meteorologist Kassandra Crimi said she is watching two areas of potential tropical development over the next two to five days.
Make Healthy, Safe Choices To Have A Spooktacular Halloween | Florida Department of Health in Hillsborough
The Florida Departments of Health in West Central Florida are reminding residents and visitors to make safe and healthy choices this Halloween.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Port Charlotte, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Port Charlotte, Florida
|Zip Codes||33948, 33949, 33952, 33953, 33954, 33981|