Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Portage, Indiana? Contact your local utility company.
Cuyahoga Falls city-wide transmission grid equipment updates Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
Residents in Cuyahoga Falls may see some issues with power outages through part of Sunday morning.
NIPSCO said it could yet not estimate when power might be restored but that it was tracking developing weather patterns.
NIPSCO said an estimate on when power will be restored cannot be determined at this time but the company is tracking developing weather patterns and has crews prepared to respond.
Ebensburg Borough and the surrounding area lost power before 10 a.m. Friday.
Lights return in Cuyahoga Falls after citywide power outage
There is a problem with an underground cable that comes from a substation.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Portage, Indiana
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.