Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Poulsbo, Washington? Contact your local utility company.
Records outage, staffing shortage continue to plague Kitsap's ER
Exhausted nurses and staff triage an often-packed emergency room lobby at all hours, five days in to an outage of the hospital's records system.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Poulsbo, Washington
Bainbridge Island, WA (7:17 PM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power… https://t.co/0xWpYJNkeI
Huskies win a big one over the Beavers rated #23. Power outage in the fourth quarter. Huskies win by a late field g… https://t.co/HhojYiQRrU
Well luckily they were able to reschedule the appointment. Apparently there was a major power outage in the area la… https://t.co/iCuQ7dPyBU
Snow in the Seabeck area last night caused downed trees & power outages. CKFR responded for a person trapped in a t… https://t.co/JZ6cVxkWhM
Hello from Port Orchard! After a power outage this morning, now it’s hailing! #wawx https://t.co/YRBlnj0SRw
@MysticCindi It was part of our refi last year due to the fact we live in an area that is prone to power outages se… https://t.co/2YyhoIY8hG
@MysticCindi Said the same thing after we got ours. But it sure worked great during that last 3-day power outage!… https://t.co/Ydy65azpuI
Windstorm caused power outage was not on my schedule.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Washington cities.
Power outage in area of Memorial Field Highway 3