Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Prince George, Virginia? Contact your local utility company.
There are a range of statewide and local races to vote on, depending on where you live in the region --- though many have already voted thanks to early voting and mail-in ballots.
Live updates on how Election Day 2022 is unfolding in Virginia
SAN ANTONIO – Nearly half of Seguin residents were without power and without an answer as to why?The city’s Electric Department quickly rushed on getting the po
Storm causes traffic delays, crashes, power outages for thousands | WRIC ABC 8News Open Navigation Close Navigation
An evening storm Sunday night with strong winds caused problems on area roads for drivers and also residents at home.
You may be wondering why your night was whisk away to darkness, it might have something to do with a pointed snout and a long tail.
More than 3,500 customers are without power Tuesday in Arlington due to a reported transformer fire, according to Dominion Power.
Prince George's ousts WSSC Water commissioner amid billing system questions - The Washington Post The Washington Post Comment on this story ArrowRight GiftOutline Loading... Refresh
The removal of Commissioner Keith E. Bell came after Bell led the board’s questioning about a billing system that has soared in cost.
It was a slick afternoon commute for many drivers Tuesday night as storms rumbled through the D.C. region. Here’s what you need to know.
More than 6,500 residents are without power in Montgomery County, Maryland, on Sunday, the hottest day of the year.
D.C. region cleans up after heavy storm; some still without power - The Washington Post The Washington Post ArrowRight GiftOutline Loading... Refresh
The storm toppled trees and wires and caused power outages affecting thousands of people.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Prince George, Virginia
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Prince George, Virginia