Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Princeton, New Jersey? Contact your local utility company.
On the heels of a water crisis in Jackson, Miss., officials in New Jersey have moved to tighten state oversight of Trenton’s water system.
The most shared negative experience from the October 2012 storm was the loss of power, which lasted several days for many Garden Staters.
Fallen Tree On Wires Closes Hillsborough Roadway - Hillsborough, NJ - PSE&G is also reporting a power outage as well.
More than 1,500 people in Northern Virginia lost power on Friday, but it wasn't because of a storm or an overloaded grid. It was a rat!
PRINCETON, N.J., Sept. 21, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Clearway Energy, Inc. (NYSE: CWEN, CWEN.A) (“Company”) today announced that beginning on August 29th,...
Traffic Lights Out On Route 206, Route 601 In Montgomery - Hillsborough, NJ - More than 1,100 residents remain without power following the thunderstorm overnight into Tuesday in Somerset County.
Traffic Signals, Power Restored In Brick - Brick, NJ - Power has been restored to nearly all of the more than 5,200 homes and businesses that were left without electricity on Monday.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Power was reported still out to hundreds of NYSEG customers in Chenango County and Tioga County early August 5.
We have had nearly five days of this current heat wave this week, how much more will we see? Will the current heat wave dip into our weekend here at the Jersey Shore?
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Princeton, New Jersey
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Princeton, New Jersey
|State||New Jersey (NJ)|
|Zip Codes||08540, 08541, 08542, 08543, 08544|