Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Pulaski, Virginia? Contact your local utility company.
Crash leads to power outages in New Holstein | WLUK
NEW HOLSTEIN (WLUK) -- Power outages are expected as crews repair damage caused by a crash on New Holstein's west side.Police say crews are working at the inter
Appalachian Power storm response update - PCPatriot
Appalachian Power Storm Response Update
Power outage and road closures on Green Bay’s west side Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Power outages and traffic detours expected to last four hours
Less muggy conditions as cold front arrives in DC area following wet commute - WTOP News
It was a slick afternoon commute for many drivers Tuesday night as storms rumbled through the D.C. region. Here’s what you need to know.
Power restored for hundreds after severe weather rolls through Central, Southwest Virginia facebook twitter instagram rss
Nearly 2,000 AEP customers are in the dark following thunderstorms and showers throughout Central and Southwest Virginia.
Thousands without power after severe weather Saturday night Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Thousands are without power after severe weather rolled through our area Saturday night.
Power outages, downed trees as storms blitz DC region - WTOP News
A hot, humid Tuesday ended with severe thunderstorms across the D.C. area. Here’s what you need to know.
Severe storms, power outages across southwest, central Virginia Open Navigation Close Navigation
Appalachian Power (AEP) reported outages across the southwest and central Virginia area.
Power being restored across DC area after storms - WTOP News
Power is being restored to the area after thousands were left without electricity in the wake of thunderstorms that hit the D.C. area Saturday night.
Power outages, ‘catastrophic’ damage after Northern Va. storms - WTOP News
Thousands of power customers across Northern Virginia are waking up without electricity after severe storms swept the region.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Virginia cities.
I was told to keep national grid informed when my power goes out as there was a reac curing problem in my area