Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Purcellville, Virginia? Contact your local utility company.
Thousands still without power in Prince William, Stafford. ‘My biggest concern is them freezing to death’ | Headlines | insidenova.com
As thousands of Northern Virginia residents wait for their lights to come back on, Virginia Cornell said she is worried about her elderly parents in Dumfries, who have been without
UPDATED: Dominion expects Northern Virginia power restoration to be 'multi-day effort' | Headlines | insidenova.com
Utility crews are making progress on power outages tonight as temperatures dip into the teens and winds gust up to 20 mph.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Purcellville, Virginia
Round Hill, VA (9:59 AM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outage… https://t.co/2CURw6IbS8
Purcellville, VA (4:59 PM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outa… https://t.co/VWBaI8Tbt1
Leesburg, VA (12:35 AM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outage… https://t.co/8C93gmH78s
#LoudounTraffic: Traffic signals are impacted due to a power outage in Ashburn at Waxpool Road and Loudoun County P… https://t.co/kbNuc3E0xB
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Virginia cities.
|Zip Codes||20132, 20134|
Off for over one hour