Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Quicksburg, Virginia? Contact your local utility company.
Shenandoah Valley Electric Cooperative
Report an Outage(800) 234-7832 Report Online
Report an Outage(866) 366-4357 Report Online
Rappahannock Electric Cooperative
Report an Outage(800) 552-3904 Report Online
No news found.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Quicksburg, Virginia
The Edinburg Branch is currently closed due to a power outage. Please, visit our Woodstock Branch during this time until power is restored.
@fmbankva | 05:50 AM - 25 Feb 2019
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Virginia cities.