Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Radford, Virginia? Contact your local utility company.
BEC gang impersonates law firms. Transportation disruptions. Social engineering. Notes on Russia's hybrid war. Search the site Search the site Search the site Search the site
Crimson Kingsnake BEC group impersonates law firms. Flight-planning services affected by cyberattack. Effects of the hybrid war on action in cyberspace. International support for Ukraine's cyber defense. Danish rail service disrupted by cyberattack. Dropbox discloses successful phishing attack. CISA releases three ICS Security Advisories.
The remnants of the tropical system that hit Florida and South Carolina this week soaked the Roanoke Valley on Friday night, leaving scattered local power outages, particularly east toward Bedford
Appalachian Power prepares for Ian’s effect on Virginia Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Remnants from the storm could impact parts of the company’s service area starting into the weekend.
It was a slick afternoon commute for many drivers Tuesday night as storms rumbled through the D.C. region. Here’s what you need to know.
A hot, humid Tuesday ended with severe thunderstorms across the D.C. area. Here’s what you need to know.
Thousands of power customers across Northern Virginia are waking up without electricity after severe storms swept the region.
Power outages climb in southwest, central Virginia from Friday storms Open Navigation Close Navigation
Residents of southwest Virginia are continuing to lose power as severe weather spreads throughout the region.
The utility reported on its outage map at 3 p.m. that 3,293 customers were experiencing outages in the area of Peters Creek Road and Cove Road.
Thursday storms brought brief flooding, damaging winds, hail and power outages to DC region - WTOP News
Strong thunderstorms are moving through the D.C. region, posing a risk of damaging winds and small hail through Thursday evening.
Thousands of Virginians remain without power Monday morning after a storm thundered its way through the area Sunday night.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Radford, Virginia
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||24141, 24142, 24143|