Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Rahway, New Jersey? Contact your local utility company.
Live Updates: Polls officially closed in NY as returns start trickling in - Gothamist Facebook Twitter Reddit Email Facebook Twitter Reddit Email Facebook Twitter Reddit Email Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube
Gothamist is a non-profit local newsroom, powered by WNYC.
Ever feel we are sometimes too reliant on technology?
Rail service between New York City and Philadelphia was suspended Monday after a car driver downed power line in New Jersey.
Congressman Frank Pallone has sent a letter to the president of Jersey Central Power & Light, demanding that the utility offer detailed explanations about outages that affected his district on Jan. 17, 21 and 26.
Meteorologist Dan Zarrow said the worst of the storm is behind us although there will be one more surge of rain and gusty winds on Tuesday night.
The hospital in Middlesex County was diverting patients on Sunday.
There are solutions available to improve reliability, but they won’t come cheap
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Rahway, New Jersey
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Rahway, New Jersey
|State||New Jersey (NJ)|