Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Randleman, North Carolina? Contact your local utility company.
WFMY News 2 is bringing you live Friday updates on weather conditions, Duke Energy power outages, damage, and flooding from Ian across the Greensboro area.
Randleman power outage, Duke Energy, 2,000 without power Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
RANDLEMAN, N.C. (WGHP) — An overnight power outage left over 2,000 residents without power in Randleman early Saturday morning. Mass reports of outages appear to have begun just after midnight at around 2:00 a.m. Officials with the Randolph County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to FOX8 that they received a call at 2:12 a.m. about a tree […]
Randolph County power outage impacting thousands of customers Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
RANDOLPH COUNTY, N.C. (WGHP) — A maor power outage is affecting parts of Randolph County Thursday morning. The Duke Energy outage website is reporting over 5000 outages in the areas of Level Cross, Randleman and Sophia in Randolph County. The initial map showed 7000 customers without power, but that number seems to have been trimmed […]
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Randleman, North Carolina
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Randleman, North Carolina
|State||North Carolina (NC)|