Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Red Rock, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Hurricane Ian knocked out power for millions in Florida. CBS News' Lana Zak and Tanya Rivero speak with Melissa Seixas, the Florida state president of Duke Energy, about efforts to restore power.
The rodent that reportedly caused the power outage "infiltrated a piece of equipment" in the community on Friday.
Electric service to one of downtown Binghamton's tallest buildings was knocked out following a reported transformer explosion.
Hurricane Harbor and Wild Safari are operating as scheduled, according to a Six Flags spokeswoman.
Energy experts sound alarm about US electric grid: 'It's not designed to withstand the impacts of climate change' | CNN Close icon
Energy experts tell CNN that some power grid operators are not considering the climate crisis in their plans, which could lead to more outages.
Several thousand Broome County NYSEG customers, including Walmart and other big retailers in Vestal, lost electric service in the aftermath of strong thunderstorms.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Red Rock, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Red Rock, Texas