Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Refugio, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Refugio Power Outages Caused by Weather
Energy providers describe differences between local outages and grid failures | News | victoriaadvocate.com
How do you know when a power outage is a local or statewide issue? AEP Texas and ERCOT described their methods.
The outage is centered around the areas of Alameda and Ennis Joslin.
AEP Texas did report that crews are working to restore power to thousands of residents in Kenedy and Sinton, Texas.
Editor's note: This story has been updated.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Refugio, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.