Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Renton, Washington? Contact your local utility company.
Water quality testing will be conducted until King County Health officials deem it safe enough to reopen the beaches.
Significant power outages and traffic congestion after a car crashes into a transformer in Redmond – KIRO 7 News Seattle
A car struck a power pole in Everett on Monday, resulting in a power outage for nearly 600 people.
Thousands of people are without power in Western Washington after strong winds knocked down trees and power lines on Wednesday.
Seattle City Lights (SCL) is investigating four separate power outages that impacted 14,816 customers Thursday afternoon.
Large Verizon Outage Resolved After Impacting Washington Customers - Seattle, WA - Nationwide issues with Verizon's cell network impacted service for customers in Washington and much of the U.S. on Wednesday.
Fire safety outage closes Sound Transit's University District and Roosevelt stations - MyNorthwest.com
Sound Transit's Roosevelt and University District light rail stations are closed due to a fire safety system outage that began Thursday morning
Power Restored To Thousands In Southeast Seattle After Brief Outage - Seattle, WA - More than 5,000 homes and businesses briefly lost power in parts of southeast Seattle on Wednesday due to a substation equipment failure.
As Windy Weather Rolls In, WA Warned To Prepare For Power Outages - Seattle, WA - Wind is coming, and with it comes power outages. Here are a few tips to prepare from Seattle City Light.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Renton, Washington
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||98055, 98056, 98057, 98058, 98059|