Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Richardson, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Several counties in North Texas were under a tornado watch until 8 p.m. Tornadoes were reported in parts of Northeast Texas
Power outage impacts south, southwest Winston-Salem | FOX8 WGHP Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (WGHP) — A power outage is impacted a large swath of Winston-Salem early this afternoon. Winston-Salem police say that this outage is mainly impacted the south and southwest portions of the city. Traffic lights were out at several major intersections, including along Peters Creek Parkway, Stratford Road, the Hanes Mall area, Country Club […]
Parts of Johannesburg are facing water shortages because of increased demand and after power outages last week curbed supplies by the main distributor, in the midst of a heat wave.
Texas leads country for weather-related power outages
A line of storms that moved south through North Texas knocked out power for thousands of people in downtown Dallas late Sunday afternoon. An outage map on...
Power was restored to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport after a lengthy outage Wednesday that delayed flights.
Golf Ball-Sized Hail, Strong Winds Leave Texas with Property Damage, Power Outage | Nature World News
Texas faced golf ball-sized hail and strong winds that brought property damage and power outage in some areas.
Power outages reported in High Point as storms roll through | FOX8 WGHP Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
HIGH POINT, N.C. (WGHP) — Energy crews are working to restore power in High Point on Monday afternoon as storms roll through the area. Around 1,700 people are without power. The outages were reported near the Deep River area, according to a statement posted on social media by the City of High Point. Officials have […]
A line of severe thunderstorms caused street flooding, power outages to thousands and downed trees throughout North Texas Sunday afternoon. In Old East Dallas, ...
A day after thunderstorms brought floods to Dallas-Fort Worth Monday, nearly all power had been restored by Tuesday afternoon. As of 2 p.m., electric utility...
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Richardson, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.