Did you lose power?
Ridgecrest Power Outages Caused by Weather
Kern County braced for the possibility of electrical power outages Tuesday as record-setting high temperatures stoked demand for air conditioning across California on what was expected to be the hottest
PG&E working to restore power after outage affects more than 14,000 customers | News | bakersfield.com
Pacific Gas and Electric workers are trying to restore power in southwest Bakersfield after an outage left more than 14,000 customers affected.
As the utility turned off power to millions of Californians, its website went down and it struggled to communicate with local officials and inform residents.
UPDATE: Around 4,600 Kern County PG&E customers could be impacted by power outage | News | bakersfield.com
Pacific Gas and Electric Company said Wednesday night that 4,600 Kern County customers could be impacted by a third phase of power shut-offs, a significant drop from the previously estimated
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Ridgecrest, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||93555, 93556|