Did you lose power?
The most shared negative experience from the October 2012 storm was the loss of power, which lasted several days for many Garden Staters.
Your complete guide to our statewide football coverage for Sept. 15-17.
Millions of Google users were reporting an outage around 9:40 p.m. Monday, Aug. 8.The search engine gave users the following error message:
Ever feel we are sometimes too reliant on technology?
After a storm brought heavy rain and high winds, hundreds of Eversource customers...
The nor’easter’s heavy snow is expected to continue through the day on Saturday....
Congressman Frank Pallone has sent a letter to the president of Jersey Central Power & Light, demanding that the utility offer detailed explanations about outages that affected his district on Jan. 17, 21 and 26.
A line of storms with strong winds moved across New Jersey Sunday night, knocking down branches and power lines.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Ridgefield, New Jersey
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Ridgefield, New Jersey
|State||New Jersey (NJ)|