Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Rio, West Virginia? Contact your local utility company.
Hurricane Ian: Florida death toll soars to 76 after Ian demolished entire communities | CNN Close icon
Newly homeless Floridians are struggling to restart their lives while rescuers scramble to find any remaining signs of life among the wreckage of Hurricane Ian.
Power in parts of Florida could be out for more than a week as flooding lingers in Ian's wake | CNN Close icon
It could be more than a week until power lines are fully restored in some parts of Florida as residents deal with major flooding after the deadly Hurricane Ian, expected to be the most expensive storm in the Sunshine State's history.
Ian expected to dissipate soon after striking Carolinas and killing at least 45 in Florida | CNN Close icon
Ian, now a post-tropical cyclone, was moving farther inland Friday night after pummeling South Carolina with fierce winds and a destructive storm surge, less than two days after killing at least 45 people in Florida and leaving behind an apocalyptic path of destruction.
Electric service to one of downtown Binghamton's tallest buildings was knocked out following a reported transformer explosion.
Crews from Appalachian Power have restored power to the area impacted Friday morning. Two Roanoke County Public Schools were closed on Friday because of the power outage.
How to know the difference between a local power outage and rolling blackouts | State | dentonrc.com
Last week, Texans were asked twice to voluntarily conserve energy at home as record demand put stress on the power grid.
COLUMBUS, Ga. (WRBL) — Columbus, Georgia is facing a number of power outages as storms continue to pass through the area. According to Georgia Power, 3,213 customers are being affected by 25 outages as of about 4:15 p.m. 726 customers are affected in the area of Flat Rock Park, towards the intersection of Manchester Expressway […]
Power Outages affect multiple households across San Angelo and Tom Green County Wednesday evening.
The number of Appalachian Power customers impacted by outages has spiked over the past few hours as severe weather rolls through southwest and central Virginia.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Rio, West Virginia
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.