Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Riverton, Illinois? Contact your local utility company.
Powerful Storms Knock Out Power to Thousands in Binghamton Area loading...
Several thousand Broome County NYSEG customers, including Walmart and other big retailers in Vestal, lost electric service in the aftermath of strong thunderstorms.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Riverton, Illinois
Happy Valentine's Day! Gifts are wonderful but ballloons can cause power outages if they become tangled in a power… https://t.co/3xr0wCAzkB
Millions of people hunkered down against a deep freeze Sunday to ride out the winter storm that has killed at least… https://t.co/zJf0vf1jrl
A winter weather warning has been issued in Illinois. The ICC offers a list of things you can do if you lose power… https://t.co/i0BlqHwZyY
What to do if there is a power outage and you have to use a generator? The only safe place to use a portable genera… https://t.co/OeDVDRbooq
Area affected includes from east of Bruns Lane to First Street approximately up to Camp Lincoln Road on the north a… https://t.co/kp6qwydiUz
Sherman, IL (11:24 AM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outage e… https://t.co/VDjlrDjGAv
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Illinois cities.
Heard a big boom, then the power went off. Majestic cove area. What is going on?
What is going on and when does this end? How come there is no information?
We are experiencing a power outage ( neighborhood wide ) 8