Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Riverview, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
Here's what you need to know Wednesday about Tropical Storm Nicole for Indian River County
Friday updates: Florida recovers as Hurricane Ian targets Carolinas Newspaper icon Email Plus Outline icon My Account icon
After ravaging the Gulf Coast south of Tampa Bay, a strengthening Ian veers toward Charleston and Myrtle Beach.
Hurricane Ian: Manatee County Lifts Evacuations; 97K Without Power - Bradenton, FL - More than 5,000 people hunkered down in Manatee County shelters during the storm, according to officials.
Power outages pass a half-million in Tampa Bay area from Hurricane Ian Newspaper icon Email Plus Outline icon My Account icon
Nearly 509,000 customers were without power across the area as of 4 a.m. Thursday.
Do's And Don'ts For Generator Use During Power Outage: Hurricane Ian - Tampa, FL - The governor warned residents to never place a generator inside the home, inside a garage or next to an open window.
How To Prepare For Power Outages: Hurricane Ian - Tampa, FL - Hurricane Ian is expected to reach Category 4 strength before it reaches Tampa Bay, which will cause power outages. Here's what to know.
Thunderstorms swept through Kankakee early Wednesday afternoon and caused power outages in downtown Kankakee. High speed winds brought down trees on city streets.
There was an unexpected guest at one Florida woman's home, only she wasn't home to see in person last week. But there was plenty of evidence left behind that someone, or something, had been at her front door.
Strong storms Saturday bring gusty winds and minor damage Newspaper icon Email Plus Outline icon My Account icon
Wind gusts reached around 50 to 55 mph during the storm, according to the National Weather Service.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Riverview, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||33568, 33569, 33578, 33579|