Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Rockledge, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
When the stadium lights came back on after a 50-minute delay, Mainland came alive to advance to the second round of the playoffs.
The storm had the potential to bring 6 to 8 inches of rain to the Space Coast. But rainfall totals actually were in the 2.3-inch to 4.9-inch range.
Our live updates keep you up to date on everything going on surrounding Tropical Storm Nicole on Florida's East Coast.
Ascension Catholic school closed after traffic crash cuts power
Hurricane Ian updates: Gov. Ron DeSantis will give an update on the efforts made in the wake of Hurricane Ian’s devastation in Florida from the state Emergency Operations Center in Tallahassee on Friday morning.
HURRICANE IAN UPDATE: More than 7,500 Brevardian Out of Power, See Power Outage Graphic - Space Coast Daily
Outages more than doubled since Hurricane Ian made landfall along the Gulf coast of Florida on Wednesday afternoon.
It was downgraded to tropical storm, but still brought heavy rainfall, left about a third of FPL customers without electricity for a time.
Most restaurants across the Space Coast closed Wednesday and Thursday as Hurricane Ian approached Florida; these have plans to remain open
A former World Junior Surfing champion died in Costa Rica over the weekend, after suffering a seizure in the water. His father wants his son buried in Florida, where he has a family plot, but he says it's challenging.
A 16-year-old is facing a first-degree murder charge after authorities say he stabbed his 57-year-old grandmother to death in her Rockledge, Florida home on Thursday.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Rockledge, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||32955, 32956|