Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Rogersville, Tennessee? Contact your local utility company.
Eastman Chemical Company (NYSE:EMN) announced its third-quarter 2022 financial results.
UPDATE: Eastman plant in Kingsport reports iodine release in steam plume during power outage | Business | therogersvillereview.com
Employees on-site told the Review they heard what sounded like an explosion moments after the outage. Employees were subsequently taken to Eastman's "Safe Haven" location within the facility.
1,200 customers in the Rogersville area were without power Tuesday morning, according to the Webster Electric Cooperative outage map.
TVA completes its largest planned gas plant outage ever at John Sevier | Rogersville | therogersvillereview.com
The recently completed fall planned outage at TVA’s John Sevier Combined Cycle Gas plant near Rogersville is the largest fall outage in TVA’s gas fleet history.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Rogersville, Tennessee
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.