Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Rolling Fork, Mississippi? Contact your local utility company.
Rolling Fork Power Outages Caused by Weather
Planned Power Outage for Colton, Uniontown, Genesee and Surrounding Area set for Aug. 11 | Idaho | bigcountrynewsconnection.com
COLTON - Approximately 1,314 Avista electric customers in Colton, Uniontown, and Genesee will experience a planned power outage on Thursday, Aug 11. The planned outage will begin at 10:00 p.m.
100m Americans are at risk of blackouts this summer as heat and drought strain power grid | Daily Mail Online
High temperatures will drive people to crank their air conditioners and use up more energy, but environmental and economic factors could make that energy hard to come by.
Mississippi is experiencing another round of severe weather Wednesday afternoon. Here's what we know.
High winds and the possibility of tornadoes are expected to sweep through Mississippi on Thursday ahead of a cold front.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Rolling Fork, Mississippi
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Rolling Fork, Mississippi