Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Rosemary Beach, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
From ‘alternative facts’ to the Big Lie and beyond | Letters to the editor – Sun Sentinel
The power of The Big Lie to damage democracy itself.
Hurricane Ian's death toll rises as crews in Florida go door to door in search for survivors in decimated neighborhoods | CNN Close icon
After Hurricane Ian obliterated communities in Florida, rescue crews going door to door in search of survivors are reporting more deaths, and residents grappling with loss are facing a long, daunting recovery.
Tropical Storm Ian: Essential information for Green Cove Springs, Clay County – Action News Jax
Hurricane Ian strengthens to Category 2 storm and could be 'something that we haven't seen in our lifetime,' Tampa forecaster says | CNN Close icon
Hurricane Ian keeps getting stronger as it barrels toward Florida, prompting urgent evacuations and threatening dangerous storm surges in places not used to getting hit directly by a hurricane.
Hurricane Ian North Carolina Zoom In Zoom In
Early Saturday, President Biden approved a state of emergency in North Carolina and "ordered Federal assistance to supplement State, tribal, and local response efforts due to the emergency conditions resulting from Hurricane Ian."
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Rosemary Beach, Florida
@GulfPower is there a power outage on Panama City beach
Trouble In Paradise: Fatal car crash in Key Largo causes power outage and school closures (Heard about this hours l… https://t.co/z3dgKs89EK
5.7 magnitude earthquake hits Utah; power outages reported in Salt Lake City https://t.co/IuPqsdKpTe via @USATODAY
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Florida cities.
Rosemary Beach, Florida