Did you lose power?
An intense storm dumped hail and downed trees and power lines across the Mid-Hudson region on Wednesday, with Ulster County most affected.
The largest ice storm to hit Ulster County in over 20 years knocked out power to more...
A mix of freezing rain, sleet, snow and ice wreaked havoc in the region Friday, causing tens of thousands of people to be without power Saturday.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Rosendale, New York
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Rosendale, New York
|State||New York (NY)|