Did you lose power?
Round Lake Power Outages Caused by Weather
After the polls closed on Tuesday, both of Wyoming's senators, Cynthia Lummis and John Barrasso congratulated Harriet Hageman on her congressional victory.
A Grip on Sports: Before the storm of college football hits today, we were overwhelmed a bit by the wind | The Spokesman-Review Arrow-right Camera The Spokesman-Review Newspaper The Spokesman-Review Newspaper The Spokesman-Review The Spokesman-Review Newspaper
A GRIP ON SPORTS • We didn’t hear a “timber.” But even if the squirrel that lives in our maple tree had screamed it at the top of its lungs, the wind was howling so intently at 1:15 in the morning, we wouldn’t have heard it. We did, however, hear the big limb crash into the house.
New York State Electric and Gas is reporting over 2,500 customers in Broome County without power as of 8 a.m. October 24.
Parents lined up outside Dobie Middle School in northeast Austin on Tuesday after the campus lost power.
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Power outages have been frequent in Incline Village over the past several months and residents have been turning to social media, the fire department and general improvement district to share their...
Climate change is causing a massive jump in power outages in Louisiana, report says | Environment | nola.com
New report says aging electrical grid isn't keeping up with stronger storms, floods.
Electric service to one of downtown Binghamton's tallest buildings was knocked out following a reported transformer explosion.
The Outage Management System (OMS) will be launched on Sept. 9. Through it, customers can view an outage map, check estimated restoration times, report outages, and receive outage alerts.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Round Lake, New York
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Round Lake, New York
|State||New York (NY)|