Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Rowlett, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Keynoting the Energy Bar Association Texas Chapter’s Energy Symposium, Lori Cobos said ERCOT stakeholders will soon get a look at the market’s redesign.
A series of thunderstorms rolled into North Texas Sunday bringing strong winds and flooding.
Here's how to track where power outages are occurring in North Texas Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
North Texas is experiencing extreme weather, which often can lead to power outages.
/PRNewswire/ -- Oncor Electric Delivery Company LLC ("Oncor") today reported three months ended June 30, 2022 net income of $229 million compared to net income...
Power outages in Texas: why they happen and when to expect them | The Texas Tribune Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator
Hot temperatures across Texas are stressing the power infrastructure. But if your home loses electricity this summer, it’s not necessarily because of the state grid.
Power outages reported in parts of Plano; here's a resource to check if your home, business is affected | Plano Star Courier | starlocalmedia.com
Power outages were reported in parts of the city of Plano on Monday afternoon.
Several hundred homes and businesses across Dallas-Fort Worth were without power Monday as unseasonably high temperatures but stress on the state’s energy grid.
Thousands of Oncor customers are without power Tuesday morning.
A winter storm warning has Dallas-Fort Worth residents bracing for cold temperatures, freezing rain, snow and possible power outages. Here is how to check on...
POWER OUTAGES: Here is an interactive map to see if your area is affected | Plano Star Courier | starlocalmedia.com
With this latest winter storm dropping a coat of ice and sleet on North Texas overnight, power outages are always a concern. Stay up to date with the Oncor map
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Rowlett, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.