Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Russell, Kansas? Contact your local utility company.
The Oklahoma Sooners have only lost to Kansas six times, but one year ago today, it was almost loss No. 7 in the series.
Squirrels: How often do they cause power outages? | KETK.com | FOX51.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
More than 10,000 Virginians lost power Wednesday in Virginia Beach after a squirrel got into a substation.
Royals’ power outage continues, KC loses 5-2 - Royals Review clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile Horizontal - White Follow Royals Review on Twitter Follow Royals Review on Facebook Horizontal - White Horizontal - White Vox Media
A thunderstorm rolled through the area and tried to charge things up, but Kansas City’s offense was too well grounded.
COLUMBUS, Ga. (WRBL) — Columbus, Georgia is facing a number of power outages as storms continue to pass through the area. According to Georgia Power, 3,213 customers are being affected by 25 outages as of about 4:15 p.m. 726 customers are affected in the area of Flat Rock Park, towards the intersection of Manchester Expressway […]
LIVE BLOG: Storms knock power in central Kansas, spin up landspouts up north Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
As the threat of severe weather increases into the evening across Kansas, one twister was captured on camera Tuesday afternoon in the northwest part of the state.
Tornadoes confirmed in Kansas; 4 injured, significant damage reported NBC News Logo Search Search NBC News Logo MSNBC Logo Today Logo
At least four people were injured and hundreds of buildings damaged after two tornadoes hit the Wichita, Kansas, area Friday evening, officials said.
One year after the deadly blackout, Texas officials have done little to prevent the next one—which could be far worse.
Kansans began their recovery from Wednesday's storm that brought high winds, dust storms and numerous power outages to the Sunflower State.
Kansas weather: High winds causing power outages, closing roads Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
The wind is causing low visibility on roads across Kansas due to blowing dust.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Russell, Kansas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.