Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Sachse, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Power outages reported in parts of Plano; here's a resource to check if your home, business is affected | Plano Star Courier | starlocalmedia.com
Power outages were reported in parts of the city of Plano on Monday afternoon.
POWER OUTAGES: Here is an interactive map to see if your area is affected | Plano Star Courier | starlocalmedia.com
With this latest winter storm dropping a coat of ice and sleet on North Texas overnight, power outages are always a concern. Stay up to date with the Oncor map
Many school districts have canceled in-person learning and virtual class for Tuesday due to rolling power outages and wintry weather conditions.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Sachse, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.