Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Saint George, Utah? Contact your local utility company.
A winter storm watch has been issued for Utah’s mountains. Snow is expected in Salt Lake City too.
Elections weren’t in a healthy state pre-2020. Now, we’re pushing them to the brink. - The Boston Globe
The 2020 presidential contest ushered in a new elections crisis, fueled by supporters of former president Donald Trump who spread conspiracy theories about the integrity of voting systems and bogus claims of fraud. What's received less attention is the strain now being heaped on a decentralized system that already was stretched thin.
A barn and a house in the Town of Owego are said to be a total loss following a fire October 19 that drew firefighters from Tioga and Broome counties.
Mall of America in Minnesota testing metal detectors, college wrestler saves teammate from grizzly bear in Wyoming, and more
Public Power Week to hold celebration in effort to enlighten St. George utility patrons – St George News
Region 10 football: Crimson Cliffs stays on top after big victory; Snow Canyon, Dixie also win – St George News
The National Weather Service office in Binghamton is advising that some rocky weather could be in store for the final official days of summer.
The Beehive State saw one earthquake north of the Great Salt Lake and another near Saint George, all on the same day.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Saint George, Utah
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Saint George, Utah
|Zip Codes||84770, 84771, 84790, 84791|