Did you lose power?
A workforce group of more than 21,000 people from across 30 states are working together to get power back to residents, the company said in a news release.
Power outage shuts down Pleasant Prairie Police phone lines; department looks into future prevention
The Pleasant Prairie Police Department is meeting with village leadership after a power outage shut down the department’s non-emergency lines for several hours Sunday evening, Sept. 25, during a severe
Randolph County traffic alert and power outage Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Power outage leads to major traffic problems
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Two transformer fires near Green Hill High School caused power outages for residents for about an hour Friday afternoon.
Hurricane Harbor and Wild Safari are operating as scheduled, according to a Six Flags spokeswoman.
Power outages reported in parts of Plano; here's a resource to check if your home, business is affected | Plano Star Courier | starlocalmedia.com
Power outages were reported in parts of the city of Plano on Monday afternoon.
Nearly 60,000 power outages reported in north central Ohio after powerful storms | Weather | richlandsource.com
RICHLAND COUNTY -- Almost 60,000 customers were without power Tuesday morning across north central Ohio after powerful storms packing high winds roared through the area Monday night.
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — Nearly 2,000 residents are waking up in the dark this morning due to power outages around the city. City Utility map is showing the outage is impacting customers west of 65 and Chestnut Expressway moving west to National Ave.
Thousands still remain without power after winter storm Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Nearly 7,500 Entergy Arkansas customers remained without power Saturday afternoon following a winter storm that dumped sleet and freezing rain on trees and powerlines.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Saint Joe, Arkansas