Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in San Bernardino, California? Contact your local utility company.
San Bernardino Power Outages Caused by Weather
Body found inside electrical vault at abandoned Southern California mall Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
The body of a man was found inside an underground electrical vault at the shuttered Carousel Mall in San Bernardino. Officials believe he may have been scavenging for metals when they were electrocuted.
Santa Ana winds prompt advisories, power outage concerns across Southern California Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
Gusty Santa Ana winds have thousands of Southern California Edison customers in danger of losing power Monday morning. The quick-hitting wind event has prompted wind advisories in Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. The windy weather hit early Monday morning in the Inland Empire, where the advisory was issued until 2 p.m. […]
COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) -- A power outage briefly hit the Danish Baltic Sea island of Bornholm Monday. Authorities initially said that an underwater
alaska storm - alaska braces for worst storm in recent history - might lead to severe floods and power outage
Heavy rains began in San Diego and moved north, with some expected to last into Saturday.
Southern California Possible Public Safety Power Shutoffs Friday September 9 2022 – South OC Beaches
Southern California Possible Public Safety Power Shutoffs Friday September 9 2022 Southern California Edison (SCE) is considering shutting off power to some customers for pubic safety. The upcoming storm is producing high winds and creates a higher wildfire risk. The power shutoffs would affect about one percent of SCE customers. Update at 8:00am on Friday…
Over 4,000 firefighters were battling more than a dozen large blazes across California on Tuesday, including the Fairview Fire near Hemet.
Temperatures will continue to reach triple digits in many areas of the state through Labor Day, forecasters warned, bringing the threat of power outages and more wildfires.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from San Bernardino, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
San Bernardino, California
|Zip Codes||92401, 92402, 92403, 92404, 92405, 92406, 92407, 92408, 92410, 92411|