Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in San Fernando, California? Contact your local utility company.
Evacuations, Water Rescues, Traffic: Here’s What to Know About the Election Day Storm – NBC Los Angeles
Southern Californians woke up to stormy conditions on Tuesday as they headed to the polls, with the wettest day of a three-day storm impacting everything from...
Power outage in Huntington Beach leaves as many as 15,700 Southern California Edison customers in the dark - Los Angeles Times
Residents reported hearing explosions and seeing flashes of blue light before everything went dark Sunday night.
Santa Ana winds prompt advisories, power outage concerns across Southern California Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
Gusty Santa Ana winds have thousands of Southern California Edison customers in danger of losing power Monday morning. The quick-hitting wind event has prompted wind advisories in Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. The windy weather hit early Monday morning in the Inland Empire, where the advisory was issued until 2 p.m. […]
Dramatic SkyFOX pictures captured the moment a police chase suspect narrowly evading six law-enforcement cruisers trying to corner them in a Simi Valley dead-end cul-de-sac.
The DWP said the estimated time for crews to respond to an outage is 12 to 24 hours from when it began.
Paciolan is the largest primary ticketing company in college athletics, with 125 clients, according to the company's website.
The state’s power regulators are hoping to continue their streak of avoiding rolling blackouts.
How can you cool off if the power's out? Here are tips for not melting when you lose power during a heat wave.
Today's Headlines: Student data at risk after cyberattack on Los Angeles Unified - Los Angeles Times
Quick action may have thwarted hackers' attempt to cause a systemwide shutdown of L.A. schools, but the fate of student data remains unclear.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from San Fernando, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
San Fernando, California
|Zip Codes||91340, 91341|