Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in San Juan Capistrano, California? Contact your local utility company.
When a large storm sweeps through Lexington, N.C., it can bring down trees and threaten power lines, but it no longer swamps the public power utility’s phone lines. Lexington Utilities in March 2019 began using TextPower to send outage notifications.
Gas prices worry voters in this coastal California House district, home to many commuters. It's part of a debate over climate change and energy policy.
Power Outage Hits 1,550 Canyon Lake Homes - Lake Elsinore-Wildomar, CA - Canyon Lake air conditioners ground to a halt at 1:30 p.m. on a 95-degree Thursday afternoon.
1,300+ Residents Without Power In Laguna Niguel Monday Afternoon - Laguna Niguel-Dana Point, CA - The outage was reported at 1:28 p.m. in Laguna Niguel, according to San Diego Gas & Electric.
Nearly 1,000 Murrieta Residents Without Power At Start Of Heatwave - Murrieta, CA - A planned power outage left much of southwest Murrieta without power Monday.
Power Outage In North Laguna Beach Affecting Signals, 250+ Customers - Laguna Beach, CA - Southern California Edison crews are currently responding to a power outage reported in North Laguna that is affecting traffic signals.
Hundreds Of Laguna Niguel And Dana Point Residents Left Without Power - Laguna Niguel-Dana Point, CA - More than 700 residents in South Orange County were in the dark after San Diego Gas and Electric reported an outage Tuesday morning.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from San Juan Capistrano, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
San Juan Capistrano, California
|City||San Juan Capistrano|
|Zip Codes||92675, 92693|