Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Santa Fe, Missouri? Contact your local utility company.
Over Fifty Groups Petition EPA to Improve Oversight of Water Pollution from Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations | Earthjustice
Today, a nationwide coalition of 51 citizens’ groups and community advocacy, environmental justice, and environmental advocacy organizations, together representing tens of millions of people, in partnership with Earthjustice, petitioned the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to improve its oversight of water pollution from industrial-scale concentrated animal feeding operations, commonly known as Large CAFOs.
Unfounded claims of election fraud loom large in Secretary of State race | Local News | santafenewmexican.com
Incumbent Maggie Toulouse Oliver says the system is secure, while GOP challenger Audrey Trujillo would do away with absentee voting.
Rollover crash in El Cajon leaves one person with serious injuries; causes power outages - The San Diego Union-Tribune
El Cajon police and fire authorities were on the scene of a crash at East Madison Avenue and North Second Street Wednesday night
Xfinity reports widespread internet outage in Santa Fe, Los Alamos | Local News | santafenewmexican.com
Xfinity said the outage was caused by a truck pulling down utility lines Wednesday at Cerrillos Road and Richards Avenue.
After outage, residents at Railyard Flats may be asked to fully vacate apartments | Local News | santafenewmexican.com
The cause of what was determined to be a severe electrical problem remains unidentified, and residents are living in limbo.
"It was a fluke accident," PNM spokesman Ray Sandoval said. "Birds land on wires and poles all the time. This guy — the way he landed or took off, his
Residents in parts of Kansas City were jolted awake as part of a collection of tornado warnings early Wednesday morning.
The state Public Regulation Commission rang alarms Wednesday over the potential for electricity shortages this summer.
The company says customers will most likely experience power being down for one to four hours.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.