Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Satellite Beach, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
When the stadium lights came back on after a 50-minute delay, Mainland came alive to advance to the second round of the playoffs.
The tropics are expected to remain quiet over the next week with no new tropical developments anticipated in the Atlantic basin.
The storm had the potential to bring 6 to 8 inches of rain to the Space Coast. But rainfall totals actually were in the 2.3-inch to 4.9-inch range.
More than 400,000 Florida Power & Light customers were impacted by Hurricane Nicole. As of noon Thursday, 63% of those customers' power was restored.
Hurricane Nicole: Florida picks up after storm kills at least 5 and leaves 'unprecedented' damage to Daytona-area coastline | CNN Close icon
As Nicole threatens the Carolinas and Virginia on Friday with tornadoes and flooding, Floridians -- many still recovering from Hurricane Ian -- are picking up the pieces after this week's storm killed at least five people and ripped apart buildings with its dangerous storm surge and powerful winds.
About 1.25 million customers were still without power in Florida as of Saturday morning.
Power in parts of Florida could be out for more than a week as flooding lingers in Ian's wake | CNN Close icon
It could be more than a week until power lines are fully restored in some parts of Florida as residents deal with major flooding after the deadly Hurricane Ian, expected to be the most expensive storm in the Sunshine State's history.
Substantial loss of life' possible in Florida as Hurricane Ian takes aim at South Carolina | CNN Close icon
Ian's vicious combination of winds, rain and storm surge caused at least a dozen deaths, flooded homes, cut off roadways and left millions of Florida residents without power Thursday as it again intensified into a hurricane in the Atlantic Ocean and barreled toward South Carolina.
HURRICANE IAN UPDATE: Road Closures, Power Outages Plague Brevard County Residents - Space Coast Daily
Outages more than doubled since Hurricane Ian made landfall along the Gulf coast of Florida on Wednesday afternoon.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Satellite Beach, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Satellite Beach, Florida