Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Savannah, Georgia? Contact your local utility company.
Savannah Power Outages Caused by Weather
SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) — Nicole is now a strong tropical storm with winds of 70 mph. Local impacts of heavy rain, tidal flooding, gusty winds and a chance for isolated tornadoes are expected in the Coastal Empire and Lowcountry today and Friday. Click on the links below to get the latest on your power company’s […]
Tropical Storm Nicole has intensified and is expected to grow into a Category 1 hurricane by the time it reaches the east coast of Florida on Wednesday.
Climate change is on the ballot this November—and every elected official in Georgia has a role to play in fighting it - Atlanta Magazine
Georgia Cities Set Big Goals for Renewable Energy - SACE | Southern Alliance for Clean EnergySACE | Southern Alliance for Clean Energy
Single vehicle accident causes power outage Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
A single vehicle crash has caused a power outage in the area of Anderson Street and Montgomery Street Saturday evening.
On Thursday, Savannah native Sen. Raphael Warnock receives big honor
Savannah Police are asking the public for help in the search for a missing 46-year-old woman who was last seen September 29.
The fire broke out Saturday morning beneath an overpass at East President Street and Northbound Truman Parkway. The overpass is now being assessed for damage.
Hurricane Ian made landfall Friday afternoon in Georgetown, South Carolina.
As Hurricane Ian moved past our area Thursday, power outages were reported in both Coastal Georgia and the Lowcountry.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Savannah, Georgia
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||31401, 31402, 31403, 31404, 31405, 31406, 31408, 31409, 31410, 31411|