Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Scaly Mountain, North Carolina? Contact your local utility company.
Duke Energy crews assess damage, restore power for thousands of customers across Florida | Duke Energy | News Center
Duke Energy crews are rapidly restoring power to thousands of customers as Tropical Storm Nicole continues to move through Florida.
Control of Congress is still at stake, as votes continue to be counted in key races.
Hasani Best died on Aug. 21, 2020, after a 45-minute police standoff in his home while he was armed with a knife. Best's family has already filed a wrongful death lawsuit.
Duke Energy crews to begin power restoration, damage assessment as Ian exits Florida | Duke Energy | News Center
Ian continues to move through Florida, cutting power to more than 680,000 Duke Energy Florida customers so far, with more power outages likely to occur later today as the storm exits the state.
Preparing For Hurricane Ian Power Outages Preparing For Hurricane Ian Power Outages Facebook Twitter Instagram
Southwest Florida officials are preparing for Hurricane Ian power outages and have a plan that begins with critical service providers first.
Crews from Appalachian Power have restored power to the area impacted Friday morning. Two Roanoke County Public Schools were closed on Friday because of the power outage.
Eastman released information on the cause of the July 22 power outage at the Kingsport plant.
UPDATE: Power outages continue as nearly 30K customers across Central, SWVA are left in the dark after winter storm brings snow, wind to the area | WFXRtv Open Navigation Close Navigation
UPDATE 5:45 p.m.: Appalachian Power says workers are continuing their efforts to restore power to customers still affected by outages. An Appalachian Power spokesperson tells WFXR News that since workers are still, in some cases, assessing the damage to their grid, restoration estimates cannot be accurately be determined. Crews outside will be dealing with poor […]
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Scaly Mountain, North Carolina
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Scaly Mountain, North Carolina
|State||North Carolina (NC)|