Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Scarborough, Maine? Contact your local utility company.
Here are the number of power outages that have been reported to Central Maine Power.
With stormy weather forecast on Friday, Central Maine Power is preparing for power outages.
A squirrel left much of Bangor without power Sunday morning.
The recent vote of the Scarborough Chamber of Commerce to support the library expansion project is no surprise to those in the know. Perhaps more than any of the towns around greater Portland, Scarborough has generated multiple organizations and business ideas that are improving society every day. And the Scarborough library has been — and […]
MSNBC, CNN give straight news on California grid issues after panning Texas over winter blackout | Fox News
Media outlets that mocked and criticized Texas over the 2021 winter storm that caused crippling blackouts are playing the news straight with California.
An 8 Investigates review of nationwide reliability data reveals Maine has some of the longest and most frequent power outages in the country.
The storm brought gusts of over 50 mph, which toppled trees and brought down power lines, leading to about 50,000 outages statewide Tuesday.
I've been thinking lately that we seem to get a lot more power outages in Maine than we used to. Turns out there's a reason for that.
The storm brough heavy snow to some areas, high wind gusts to others, but spared most of the state from widespread, long-running power outages.
Central Maine Power says it has never had as many outages, even during the Ice Storm of 1998.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Scarborough, Maine
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||04070, 04074|