Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Schertz, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Nearly half of Seguin was temporarily without power Saturday night after a raccoon made its way into a Lower Colorado River Authority transformer.
Crews are working as quickly as possible to repair the remaining outages.
Most power outages for CPS Energy customers should be restored by midnight, CEO says facebook twitter instagram youtube rss
Although wintry precipitation is forecast to have come to a halt in the San Antonio area, freezing temperatures are still expected to create hazardous road conditions overnight into early Friday morning.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Schertz, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.