Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Scotland, Arkansas? Contact your local utility company.
Report an Outage(800) 477-5050 Report Online
Report an Outage(800) 968-8243 Report Online
Indiana Michigan Power
Report an Outage(800) 311-4634 Report Online
Report an Outage(800) 255-4268 Report Online
Report an Outage(800) 492-5989 Report Online
Kate Winslet gave $20,000 to help a mom and her disabled daughter pay their soaring energy bills
The actress's donation will help fund care and the cost of energy-intensive live support for Freya Hunter, 12, who suffers from severe cerebral palsy.
Nov 13, 2022
Remote islands off the coast of Scotland mysteriously lost all phone and internet connection after an undersea cable was cut
Local police said there was a "complete outage" on the Shetland Islands, with a communications company pointing to undersea cable damage.
Oct 20, 2022
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.