Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Scottsbluff, Nebraska? Contact your local utility company.
Scottsbluff Power Outages Caused by Weather
Several people are without power in a Nebraska Panhandle community Monday morning.
Shooting victim Martin Maldonado Jr., 24, works at the Wyoming Medium Correctional Institution in Torrington.
Large wildfire southwest of Gering and Scottsbluff Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Fire departments on scene at wildfire.
More areas of the state could soon be affected by continued rolling power outages created by increased demand during the state's recent spell of bitter cold.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Scottsbluff, Nebraska
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||69361, 69363|