Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Seven Springs, North Carolina? Contact your local utility company.
On Friday night, heavy rain and strong winds pushed across central North Carolina.
Ian slammed into Florida’s southwest coast last month. Its fearsome storm surge and torrential rain made it the deadliest storm in a generation.
Even a modest system of solar plus one battery can power critical loads in a home for days at a time, practically anywhere in the country.
According to DTE’s Outage Map, roughly 6,000 customers are in the dark after an unknown animal, possibly a pesky bird, damaged company equipment.
Hurricane Ian may be long gone from Florida, but the job of restoring power and searching for anyone still inside flooded or damaged homes pressed on Tuesday.
PEMBROKE — As of Monday afternoon, Robeson County’s two largest electricity providers had restored power to most if not all customers in the wake of Hurricane…
RALEIGH — As Ian’s winds and rains leave North Carolina and the work of cleanup and power restoration is underway, Governor Roy Cooper cautions residents to be…
Noon update: Dominion Energy is reporting 25,946 customers without power in Virginia as of midday Saturday.
Power in parts of Florida could be out for more than a week as flooding lingers in Ian's wake | CNN Close icon
It could be more than a week until power lines are fully restored in some parts of Florida as residents deal with major flooding after the deadly Hurricane Ian, expected to be the most expensive storm in the Sunshine State's history.
The City of Danville has given an Ian situation report. They say the National Weather Service is saying Ian has continued to weaken, with the heaviest rain and strongest wind moving north. However, clouds and light rain may persist.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Seven Springs, North Carolina
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Seven Springs, North Carolina
|State||North Carolina (NC)|