Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Sheldon, Iowa? Contact your local utility company.
Equipment Failure Gets Blame For Rock Valley Power Outage That Leaves Thousands Without Power – KIWARadio.com
Multiple power outages reported as storms roll through Siouxland | SiouxlandProud | Sioux City, IA | News, Weather, and Sports Open Navigation Close Navigation
There are multiple power outages in multiple Siouxland communities as storms roll through the area.
There were 118 severe thunderstorm and 71 tornado warnings across Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa Wednesday night.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Sheldon, Iowa
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.