Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Sheridan, Illinois? Contact your local utility company.
Oregon Electrical Utilities Warn of Power Outages to Prevent Wildfires, Including in Portland’s West Hills
A large portion of the City of Marion is without power.
A traffic accident is believed to be responsible for a power outage leaving more than 4,700 homes and businesses without electricity on Thursday.
Ameren Illinois activated its Emergency Operations Center at 6:30 a.m. Friday morning to assess damage caused by severe weather.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Sheridan, Illinois
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.