Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
Electricity outages in Pa. could become more common due to severe weather Open Navigation Close Navigation
A new report from the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission reveals a surprising thing. There were a record number of "reportable power outage events" during 20-21.
A crash in Lancaster County has caused over 1,000 residents to lose power, as well as caused electrical damage to homes on Saturday, Oct. 1.
Climate change in Pa.: More storm-driven power outages possible, analysis says | StateImpact Pennsylvania search search
Power outages planned for some Millcreek residents | WJET/WFXP/YourErie.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
(WJET/WFXP/YourErie.com) — Two power outages are planned for select areas of Millcreek this week. According to the Millcreek Township Office of Emergency Management, the outages will impact two separate groups. One group will see an 8-hour outage on Aug. 9. The other group will see a 30-minute outage before and after the 8-hour outage. The […]
Harrisburg tree removal will require power outage, day shelter established Open Navigation Close Navigation
The city of Harrisburg, in partnership with PPL Electric Utilities, will be removing a giant tree which is located behind multiple residencies in the Midtown section of the city beginning on ,Monday Aug. 1.
Update: As of 9:30 p.m. Friday, the number of people without power in Erie has gone down to 58 total. There are 13 reported power outages in the City of Erie, 44 still in Harborcreek, and less than five in Millcreek. Update: As of 9 p.m. Friday, the numbers continue to fluctuate as there are […]
Along with a few outages, borough managers reported fallen trees and a stop sign that was ripped of its pole by the strong winds.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.