Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Silver City, Iowa? Contact your local utility company.
Quadball, or quidditch, has a regional tournament this weekend in Marion.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Power was reported still out to hundreds of NYSEG customers in Chenango County and Tioga County early August 5.
Hurricane Harbor and Wild Safari are operating as scheduled, according to a Six Flags spokeswoman.
Derecho turns sky green in South Dakota, Iowa amid violent winds - The Washington Post The Washington Post Comment on this story ArrowRight GiftOutline Loading... Refresh
Hardest hit were Iowa and South Dakota, where winds reached hurricane force
Storm causes power outages, damage across Iowa Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The storm, which brought winds north of 60 miles per hour, caused multiple reports of damage throughout the state.
Thunderstorms swept through eastern Nebraska and western Iowa late Tuesday and early Wednesday, downing tree limbs and causing numerous power outages.
City of Janesville running on generators after ‘catastrophic events’ Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The City of Janesville is running on generators after a power outage Monday.
Several thousand Broome County NYSEG customers, including Walmart and other big retailers in Vestal, lost electric service in the aftermath of strong thunderstorms.
On Friday, internet and cable company, Mediacom, experienced a major internet outage throughout its company. Customers in Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, and many other states woke up to no internet Friday morning.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Silver City, Iowa